NBRA member Silvester Crash Repair are delighted to announce that they have become carbon neutral in accordance with PAS2060 at their site in Guildford.
Right from when the site opened in November 2020 – Andy and the team wanted the bodyshop to be run in an environmentally friendly way, a long-term strategy to be carbon neutral and in time Net Zero was always part of the business plan.
Working alongside Energy and Carbon specialists – ECA Business Energy they have created a long-term carbon reduction strategy.
This strategy includes:
- Calculating their footprint to international standards
- Putting in place a carbon management plan to reduce emissions.
- Setting targets to reduce emissions (on a per job basis) year on year.
- Assessing and reporting their carbon footprint on an annual basis.
- Offsetting any residual emissions through projects verified against the international Verified Carbon Standard (VCS), Gold Standard or Certified Emission Reductions (CERs).
Andy Watson, MD Silvester Crash Repair said
“We wanted to show our commitment to a greener environment, promoting that the repair industry isn’t a dirty industry. I have younger children and feel they need a brighter, cleaner future. We at Crash Repair Solutions and Silvester Crash Repair are focused on driving down our and our clients carbon footprint. ECA are a great partner to be working with and have helped a number of our Crash Repair Solutions Clients. ”
“In the short time we have been assisting Andy on this journey, it is clear that he has a passion for delivering outstanding customer service and for doing the right thing for the future of the planet. We look forward to helping him continue to reduce his carbon footprint and help him in his ambition to become Net Zero as soon as possible’ added Steve Silverwood, Managing Director ECA Business Energy.
Silvesters Crash Repair offer a complete accident repair service with key-to-key times of less than half the industry average.